Rio Rapids SC has been serving the Albuquerque and surrounding communities for since 2001. New Mexico’s premier youth soccer club fielding boys and girls players 4 through 19 years old. Rio Rapids Soccer Club is a Non-Profit Soccer Club whose teams participate regionally in the Region IV Desert Premier Regional League, the ECNL Mountain Division for the Boys Side, and locally in the Duke City Soccer League. Rio Rapids SC are members of the New Mexico Youth Soccer Association.
The Rio Rapids Soccer Club is part of the Adidas Alliance Program. The Adidas Alliance was established to create a working relationship between existing youth soccer clubs that will benefit soccer development through shared resources. As a member of the adidas Alliance, our players will have direct access to the Colorado Rapids Development Academy through visible scouting and direct coaching and curriculum ties.
To create and maintain an environment for youth soccer players from diverse backgrounds that encourages and inspires them to reach their full potential both on and off the field.
Rio Rapids Soccer Club provides the community with a model of quality youth development, education, and personal life inspiration through the sport of soccer.
- Employ a dedicated team of professionals whose shared goal is excellence both on and off the field ensuring that players will be trained with the most effective skills, techniques, and tactics.
- Provide education with respect to the benefits of healthy lifestyle and fitness that supports personal, social, and academic development.
- Create a life-long passion for the sport of soccer that afford players of all ability levels the opportunity to maximize their potential.
- Play an active role in players holistic development by:
- Encouraging communication among teachers, parents, coaches, and Club staff.
- Creating partnerships with parents, schools and colleges.
- Recognizing that not all players’ life priorities will be soccer and that the Club environment should act as a platform and tool that can assist in the development of the individual to succeed in whatever walk of life they choose.
- Create a safe environment that contributes to the development of mentally and physically healthy individuals that have self-confidence and respect for themselves and for others.