Coach Education and Resources
Rio Rapids SC is a firm believer that the quality of the experience for the players on the Club’s teams is directly related to the caliber and experience level of its coaches. Therefore, the club places a strong value and emphasis on the professional growth, continuing education and licensing of its coaching staff. Towards this end, we have set a goal of having 100% of our head coaches take part in a coaching education course/clinic each year. During the 2016-17 season, 68 members of our coaching staff including 100% of the Club’s head coaches took part in at least one coaching education opportunity. Combined, they participated in over 200 unique coaching education opportunities.
The Club is proud to provide the comprehensive support and resources to our coaching staff including but not limited to the following:
- Coaching clinics/sessions run and advice and guidance provided by the Colorado Rapids MLS organization as a part of our exclusive Alliance partnership
- In-house coaching education/clinic opportunities led by Rio Rapids SC coaching staff
- Financial support to our coaching staff for earning USSF licenses and NSCAA Diplomas
- Age Group Training objectives and a curriculum that can form the foundation for what you train your teams
- Sample training session plans focused on Age Group Objective and curriculum topics
- Feedback to coaches on the training sessions they run with their teams
- A library of coaching books, magazines and videos available to our staff
- A list of coaching website resources
- A coach mentor program where new or experienced coaches can get introduced to coaching within the Rio Rapids SC culture
- A full-time coaching director who is available to assist with team planning, the development of training sessions or professional development goals.