Power Ford Rio Rapids Cup ’24
Feb 17-18 U9-U19
Tournament Dates: Feb 17-18, 2024 U9-U19
We’re expecting over (100) teams from all over New Mexico, Colorado, Texas, and Arizona. Matches will be played at the New Mexico Soccer Complex in Bernalillo. The Power Ford Rio Rapids Cup is available for competitive and recreational boys’ & girls’ teams (age groups U9 through U19) from USYS, US Club Soccer, and AYSO. Every effort will be made to properly bracket teams to ensure good competition.
ROSTER VERIFICATION PROCESS
Documentation Uploading & Approval Process:
- Upload Your Roster as a PDF Document into your TGS Registration.
- Print a Copy of your roster to turn in to referee for every game
NOTE: Rostered Player Passes and medical release/waivers are not required to be uploaded but MUST be present and available for viewing at all games (with Guest Player passes and medical releases). Can be available electronically or hard copy at fields but must be readily accessible.
- To add a guest player please handwrite (legibly) the following information for each guest player at the bottom of your official roster before you upload
- Full Name
- Unique Jersey Numbers
- Date of Birth
- Once complete, please scan and upload this roster into TGS
- You will also need the player pass and medical release for all guest players at each game.
DOCUMENTS NEEDED AT EACH GAME
- Team rosters to turn into referee (need 1 for each game)
- Player cards for each player and coaches
- Medical forms for each player
PRE-GAME REFEREE CHECK IN
- Coach shall provide a team roster for each game that the referee keeps
- Referee(s) shall, prior to the start of the game verify the identity of each player and coach with their player or coach pass card and compare to the tournament roster
- Collect the cards of those players who are to participate in the game and coaches that are to coach in the game. The Referee must not allow a player into the game who is not in possession of a current Player Pass card from the team that is playing.
Tournament Hotel Booking
STAY TO PLAY POLICY
Power Ford Rio Rapids Cup Soccer Tournament
This is a STAY TO PLAY tournament. All non-commuting teams participating in the tournament MUST (as a condition of acceptance) make all hotel accommodations using our tournament housing services. Please do not call the hotels directly. Please book through the hotel reservation link below. We appreciate your support as these partnered hotels assist in sponsoring our event.
Rio Rapids is proud to partner with HBC Event Services, a housing agency with a nationwide reputation for excellence in managing travel for sports events. HBC Event Services provides an easy way for you to book your hotel rooms with our partnered hotels at the best rates. These rates are lower than their best available rate and usually includes breakfast for your team.
Finally, you have the ability to purchase a Travel Protection Plan with up to 100% for covered cancellations reasons as well as a Cancel for Any Reason benefit of 75% coverage of your unused non-refundable prepaid expenses for travel arrangements you paid for your trip, including the event registration costs.
Book your hotel reservation and select YES to add the Travel Protection Plan and protect your trip. Alternatively, you can call HBC directly at 505-346-0522 (Travel Protection Plan can only be added to your booking within 20 days of your hotel reservation date).
To see the full terms and conditions of the Travel Protection Plan, please click here.
HOTEL RESERVATION LINK
Please place the rooms on hold under the team name AS REGISTERED for the tournament