Event Check-In Details
All Teams MUST provide a Team Representative at the Event Check-In. NO EXCEPTIONS!
MCM Elegante Hotel (Host Hotel)
2020 Menaul Blvd NE, Albuquerque
Check-In Day & Date: Thursday, August 20, 2015
Check-In Times: 530PM – 800PM
What to bring:
- Player Membership Form and Medical Release Form (from your host organization such
NMYSA, AYSO, STYSA, Colorado Youth Soccer, etc.),
- Your team’s approved Tournament Roster (from your host organization),
- Laminated current soccer year (2015-2016) player and coach(es) photo pass cards
(issued by your host organization),
- Proof of Permission to Travel for ALL teams from outside of USYSA Region IV (this
applies to ALL the teams from Texas).
NOTE: Normally, tournament check-ins happen on the Friday night before the event. Since our beloved Lady Lobos’ soccer home and season opener is on Friday, August 21, 2015 at 730pm at the UNM Soccer Stadium, we have decided to hold it on Thursday night. For out-of-town teams we’ll have a special check-in on Saturday morning (August 22, 2015), SIXTY (60) minutes before your first scheduled match of Saturday. This will be held at the HQ building on top of the berm, located just west of CPX fields 7 & 8.
August 22-23, 2015
On behalf of the Rio Rapids SC and WisePies Pizza and Salad, we invite you and your team(s) to join us in ALL the fun that is going to be the Rio Rapids Open 2015. We’re expecting well over (125) teams from all over New Mexico, plus from Colorado, Texas, and Arizona. Matches will be played at the NMSTC, with (22) pristine natural grass fields and unparalleled vistas all around. The Rio Rapids Open 2015 is open to competitive and recreational boys’ & girls’ teams (age groups U9/10 through U13/14) from USYS, US Club Soccer, AYSO, and SAY. Every effort will be made to properly bracket teams to ensure good competition. Coaches with multiple teams and teams from out of town/state will be given special consideration in scheduling.
Gold and Silver brackets if needed. Up to 4 guest players allowed. Roster size: 11 for U9/U10, 14 for U11/U12, and 18 for U12(11v11) U13 and Older. Birth data of oldest player determine age group, (i.e. oldest player for U14 is Aug 1, 2001). Awards given for 1st and 2nd place teams.
- Send Payment to: Rio Rapids SC, 10308 Rempas Dr. NW, Albuquerque, NM 87114
- All Registration Fees charged upon receipt. Teams will be notified by Email of acceptance within (2) weeks of Registration Fees and NO LATER THAN August 15, 2015. Refunds will not be given after a team is accepted. Any teams not accepted will receive a full refund.
- Any application submitted without appropriate fee is incomplete and will not be considered until the fee is received.
- Registration deadline now AUGUST 11, 2015. Any COMPLETE applications received after the entry deadline will be accepted on space availability.
- TOURNAMENT HOTELS: Rio Rapids SC will be partnering up with select area hotels to offer special rates to our out of town/state guests. More details on this will be made available soon.
- WEBSITE: Please stay up-to-date with tournament news and updates at www.riorapids.org
- If you would like to officiate in the Rio Rapids Open please contact Paul Quan at NMSoccerRef@Aol.com
Tournament Asst. Director