Power Ford Rio Open 2023
Tournament Dates: Aug 26-27
We’re expecting over (150) teams from all over New Mexico, Colorado, Texas, and Arizona. Matches will be played at the New Mexico Soccer Complex in Bernalillo. The Rio Rapids Open 2023 is available for competitive and recreational boys’ & girls’ teams (age groups U9 through U15) from USYS, US Club Soccer, AYSO, and SAY. Every effort will be made to properly bracket teams to ensure good competition
MODIFIED INFO FOR 2023
- Remember while on the sidelines to maintain 6 feet social distancing.
- We ask that all players, coaches, parents and spectators leave the field with-in 10 minutes after the end of the game.
TOURNAMENT CHECK IN & REFEREE CHECK IN
- There will be no check in this year. Instead we are doing the following
RIO RAPIDS TEAM – Cathy Thomas is providing you with official NMYSA rosters to use for each game check in with the referee. Please make sure these are correct
NON-RIO RAPIDS TEAMS
Please log into your gotsport account and your team, and upload your SINGED official roster – NO PASS CARDS ARE REQUIRED FOR THE TOURNAMENT.
OFFICAL ROSTERS are either your NMYSA or another state association roster, AYSO roster…Gotsport rosters are NOT official rosters.
- OFFICIAL ROSTER UPLOAD – Please log into your gotsport account and your team, and upload your official roster – NO PASSCARDS ARE REQUIRED
- Coaches/managers would log into GotSport and be in their profile
- Team Management at the top
- Click on the team name
- Click on your event name under team registrations tab
- Registration at the top Click Edit
- Then you can upload the required documents.
- GUEST PLAYERS
- If you have any you must write them in the roster you upload
- In addition, you need to provide the tournament director a photo of the players passcard or a photo of a roster they are on to confirm they are an insured player.
- The tournament director can receive these by E-mail or at the tournament building 1 hour prior to your first game time.
- REFEREE CHECK IN
- The coach will give to the referee a signed NMYSA roster, with the addition of any guest players player being written on this roster and any player not being at the game being crossed off. No player pass cards will be used this year. By signing this roster, the coach is certifying that:
- the named players are appropriately registered to play,
- All players are properly equipped (including no jewelry being worn),
- For all guest players used the rules were being correctly followed,
- The referees will not be checking players individually before the game and will depart immediately at the conclusion of the game (no handshakes).
- Referee will keep roster so please make enough copies for all your games
- If a player get a red card – for the next game the coach marks on the roster that that plays is not playing due to red card)
- If the red carded player does play, the game is a forfeit and the player sits out the next game as does the coach
- Due to shortages and supply change issues, some teams do not have their full kits yet. Some teams might use training shirts or pennies. Conflict of Uniform Colors – The home team is required to wear the light uniform (including socks) and the away team is required to wear the dark uniform (including socks). If in the opinion of the Referee, there is a color conflict, the team causing the conflict must change.
- U9/U10 – parents and team on the same side of the field
- U11-U15 – teams on the same side of the field – parents on opposite
Tournament Hotel Booking
This is a STAY TO PLAY tournament. All non-commuting teams participating in the tournament MUST make all hotel accommodations using our tournament housing services. Please do not call the hotels directly. Please book through the hotel reservation link below. We appreciate your support as these partnered hotels assist in sponsoring our event. Rio Rapids Soccer Club is proud to partner with HBC Event Services, a travel/booking agency with a nationwide reputation for excellence in managing travel for sports events. HBC Event Services provides an easy way for you to book your hotel rooms with our partnered hotels at the best rates. These rates are lower than their best available rate and usually includes breakfast for your team. HBC Event Services guarantees that if the tournament is cancelled due to weather, you will not be charged for any cancellation penalties that you may otherwise have been subject to if you made your reservation elsewhere. This guarantee applies only to reservations with confirmations that start with “ARN” unless otherwise noted in the cancellation policy.
Your teams will forfeit all games if you do not follow our stay and play policy.