Power Ford Rio Open 2023
Tournament Dates: Aug 26-27
We’re expecting over (150) teams from all over New Mexico, Colorado, Texas, and Arizona. Matches will be played at the New Mexico Soccer Complex in Bernalillo. The Rio Rapids Open 2023 is available for competitive and recreational boys’ & girls’ teams (age groups U9 through U15) from USYS, US Club Soccer, AYSO, and SAY. Every effort will be made to properly bracket teams to ensure good competition
Tournament Hotel Booking
This is a STAY TO PLAY tournament. All non-commuting teams participating in the tournament MUST make all hotel accommodations using our tournament housing services. Please do not call the hotels directly. Please book through the hotel reservation link below. We appreciate your support as these partnered hotels assist in sponsoring our event. Rio Rapids Soccer Club is proud to partner with HBC Event Services, a travel/booking agency with a nationwide reputation for excellence in managing travel for sports events. HBC Event Services provides an easy way for you to book your hotel rooms with our partnered hotels at the best rates. These rates are lower than their best available rate and usually includes breakfast for your team. HBC Event Services guarantees that if the tournament is cancelled due to weather, you will not be charged for any cancellation penalties that you may otherwise have been subject to if you made your reservation elsewhere. This guarantee applies only to reservations with confirmations that start with “ARN” unless otherwise noted in the cancellation policy.
Your teams will forfeit all games if you do not follow our stay and play policy.
ROSTER VERIFICATION PROCESS
Documentation Uploading & Approval Process:
- Upload Your Roster as a PDF Document into your TGS Registration.
- Print a Copy of your roster to turn in to referee for every game
NOTE: Rostered Player Passes and medical release/waivers are not required to be uploaded but MUST be present and available for viewing at all games (with Guest Player passes and medical releases). Can be available electronically or hard copy at fields but must be readily accessible.
- To add a guest player please handwrite (legibly) the following information for each guest player at the bottom of your official roster before you upload
- Full Name
- Unique Jersey Numbers
- Date of Birth
- Once complete, please scan and upload this roster into TGS
- You will also need the player pass and medical release for all guest players at each game.
DOCUMENTS NEEDED AT EACH GAME
- Team rosters to turn into referee (need 1 for each game)
- Player cards for each player and coaches
- Medical forms for each player
PRE-GAME REFEREE CHECK IN
- Coach shall provide a team roster for each game that the referee keeps
- Referee(s) shall, prior to the start of the game verify the identity of each player and coach with their player or coach pass card and compare to the tournament roster
- Collect the cards of those players who are to participate in the game and coaches that are to coach in the game. The Referee must not allow a player into the game who is not in possession of a current Player Pass card from the team that is playing.